Okay so I have no clue as to what the Welsh do today, but it seemed like happy way to begin instead of say, "Oh my stars, has it been a month already????"
Due to a number of reasons I have been very "unschool"ish this past season...I am so hoping to grab the reins on this runaway horse and get back to the trail proper so we don't lose summer to catching up.
Some news: we found a new violin lesson resource right at Twirly's brother's school! Much less expensive and some of her friends signed up the week before so she won't be alone in being new there, and all the kids get to play afterwards on the school playground.
Since we now have that on Tuesday afternoons after school I am planning on removing library/storytime from the Tuesday morning line up. (I have discovered lately that if I don't do lessons in the am, I probably won't and the warming weather doesn't help either..lol..) Instead we will be swinging by the local branch on the way home from ballet on Wed and have a lunch and playtime there as they are both on the way home from dance anyway.
In the interests of more economical use of time and gas, I am also going to quit the Chinese storytimes because they are all up (or up and over) the hill. Considering how many Asian cultures live in and around Gardena I can't figure out why there are not any closer!
I wish Twirly's dad would consider working for a local Chinese school since he is part Mandarin himself and speaks, reads, writes it etc! Or maybe even starting his own school someday?
I am trying to keep the runs up the hill down to Monday nights when we have GEMS and choir.
CC is going well...lol....people keep asking me how it's going and do I still like it which of course is a resounding YES!!!!! I am superstoked there will be a practicum at our location in August and it looks like their dad may even be able to be home with them so we won't need to pay for their care while I attend.
Friday parkdays are going to be at Alondra, I think, instead of rotating various parks with a local homeschool group. It has a playground, water play area and pool (not open quite yet but should soon) and a lake with ducks and such to feed old bread to. She can play on her scooter there too. and it's just minutes from home so we can stay longer and still make it home for her brother's bus.
Lol...we had some fun with ducks at Madrona Marsh the other day...I miss the Friday morning format. I have to concoct some method of squeezing in more nature walks...
Well, that's what's on my mind right now....just wanted to make sure I posted *something*...lol...now to work out when I am going to get the physical journal/memory book caught up! Meanwhile I'll just have to settle for this and uploads at the FB page.
Friday, March 1, 2013
Happy St David's Day!
Posted by aflowerfairymom at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment