THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 4, 2013

Time waits for no one!

02-04-13

OH MY TIME DOES FLY!

So here it is already into February of 2013 and the last time I wrote was Yule last year! Well, I can't catch up absolutely everything we have been up, but here goes:

We had some very nice holiday days and some rough ones too, but all in all it wasn't bad. Maybe next year, the Twirly-Whirly will make it all the way the movie The Hogfather instead of halfway but she seemed content to leave it at after dozing off. In any case she enjoyed all the activities we did manage to do over the winter break. We skipped her choir and violin concerts due to illness but were able to make the ballet recital and Journey to Bethlehem.

Upon returning to the new year and schooling we had some change-ups. Her violin instructors finally had to give in to their own financial needs and raise the price of classes. They were reasonable but all the same, it was decided that at least for now we would simply continue with her cd's and dvds here at home. I know a number of TW's friends were no longer going to be active in the classes either and that was a big deal to TW. I have to say while I enjoyed going for the expert tutelage, I do not at all miss scrambling up and down the hill into RPV on my Sunday afternoons! At last a seeming day of rest! 

TW also decided she would like to hold off on choir as well and if she decides to do so again, it will probably be at our own church this time. (Part of this too based on her dear friend in GEMS and choir also no longer doing choir). GEMS continues to roll along as per usual. The same goes for AWANA. No changes, just moving forward!
 

As for Classical Conversations, I got my first actual sub job some weeks back and loved it,which was good as TW's regular tutor not long following needed to step down and now I'm the regular tutor! This is a real Godsend as it will pay for her tuition next year! I am very much hoping to return in the fall as a tutor! I am totally digging it! It's even more fun to lead the activities than to watch and help! I just need to make sure I get another mom to take pics and vids now cus my hands are full during the sessions (more on those another time.)


I'll do more catching up soon, I hope! Meanwhile I got some pics and videos uploaded to the Facebook and YouTube sites.

0 comments: