That's how I have to look at February 2012 or I feel disgruntled. I didn't get done what I had hoped for: a return to rhythm and so-called normality. Instead there were dental appointments galore and a run to the emergency room and Acadec taxi rides. This blog/journal etc both online and printed out and pasted into our memory book is *supposed* to chronicle the Twirly Whirly's days, but since she is my only girl but not my only offspring I guess there's bound to be this sort of chaos. My sons need my time too.
But I am hopeful for March. Named for the Roman god of War, it's a month promising action. Even tho there are still med/dent appts looming and more AcaDec taxiing (I am so proud he is competing and going to State!!) these 'interruptions' are now on the calendar so we'll school around them.
March sees Twirly's first on-stage recital! At the actual James Armstrong Theatre no less! They sold tix and everything. In fact, I must remember to get a snap of the marquee announcing the show before they change it. We will also be relaunching Hearth Keepers, our Keepers at Home club, with a family from our church. :)
Twirly had another homeschool class at Madrona Marsh last Tuesday. This time the moms could come in. I ran an errand then joined them. Pics have been uploaded to our FB page..one day i may caption them! Lol! (So pressed for time some days that just getting them up in a timely fashion is a gift.) One of my tasks this morning will be to carve out more margin in our lives. Ballet class will soon be back on Thursdays and that will help immensely. Next school year it looks like she'll have busy Saturdays...we may have to finally give in to them. She is aging out of the weekday morning classes. How to deal with soccer and ballet on same day will be an issue, I fear.
Meanwhile it looks like some near future Sats will be for swim lessons! Still held at Redondo Union but not in the format that my boys did them...on weekdays during the summer...I had hoped to do it that way while Boo-man was in summer school, but this way I can recruit the Dad to help and they both can swim. And we'll get to use summer more freely for summer lessons and play days at maybe Seaside Lagoon??? Hmmm....
Anyway, that's it for now. Gotta keep a promise to take them to McDs PlayPlace. again...sigh..at least I can read/study etc there....lol....
Saturday, March 3, 2012
A Month of Unschooling
Posted by aflowerfairymom at 8:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment