For the second time this week there was a bunny on our lawn today! The first time was back last Monday I think when the dad stepped out to go to work and announced there was a bunny on the front lawn! We chased it around for half an hour when a man in a van pulled up and we asked if he was looking for a bunny. Yup. He and I and Twirly continued the chase as the dad finally left for work. It took another half and hour. Even a calm friendly bunny can elude capture rather easily it would seem!
What does this have to do with our homeschooling? Is there a metaphor? Does there have to be? It could stand on its own as a funny bunny story and possible pre-rabbit ownership lesson in why to always make sure your doors and gates are closed properly.
But I suppose there is a lesson in it for homeschoolers too. Like even when plans go south and time slips by (like it sorta did during the holidays and the month after), if you stay calm and don't give up, you can get things back to normal. On that note, no pun intended, Twirly and I returned to violin class today now that it is back at the regular location. (We waited out the month they spent at a temporary site just a bit too far to drive to.)
We are definitely going to have to be disciplined in our weekly practices to get back in the swing. One of Twirly's good friends has also joined the class now so we may be adding violin practice to the park time on Tuesdays. Learning together is so much more fun than learning on your own.
Now if I could only learn where to find additional pages for our scrapbook...that's one problem of buying interesting vintage ones from eBay...they can come with unusual page connectors. The one I bought for this year (and which I really love) does *not* have posts...it is connected through plastic straps! How am I supposed to find more of those? I don't even know the proper name for it!
I got a surprise at the Twirly-Whirly's ballet class last week. Turns out all the classes are now run through RKDC dance school even tho they are held through the Parks and Rec. So that amounts to no more wee little recitals on the last day of class. It now turns out that they do them on stage at a separate location in the evening. For instance, March 9 at the local college auditorium at 7pm. They require all in attendance to purchase tickets too! (excepting the actual dancer and any moms who wish to serve as backstage help since we would not be able to watch the performance.)
This, I am told by another mom, is quite a racket. It explains why the cost went up for the class despite no other changes. She told me that you are not allowed to tape your child's performance as the dance company sells dvds at $35 a pop! This dvd is the entire show! I really don't want to buy a dvd of a bunch of other kids when my own dd's performance will probably not last longer than 10 minutes!
The good thing is that we can tape the rehearsals. I think I will settle for that. Past filmings have often feature my dd making angry faces at me (for filming) and her just standing there pouting. Should make for an interesting show this time! Lol!
Sunday, February 12, 2012
How to Catch a Bunny
Posted by aflowerfairymom at 7:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment