THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Young Pups, New Tricks

We tried something new yesterday. Ms Cindy of Friday Fun at Madrona Marsh has, after many moms asking, started a nature study group for homeschooled kids ages 6-8! :)) We've been doing nature study with her since the Twirly-whirly was 3 and we went all the way to South Coast Botanical Gardens in Palos Verdes to do it.

This new program allows no sibs unless they too are 6-8 and it allows no moms in the room either, both of which the kids just loved. Ms Cindy was surprised, esp by the latter, but I'm not. I bet they all felt really quite grown-up not having to have parental supervision! ;) The topic was Wiggly Worms which was the same as one of the FFMM's just the other week or so ago, but the material is expanded, and the kids got to use the dissecting microscopes (look that up). They all mastered the techniques in just minutes too!

I was a bit sad not to be able to witness her firsthand but did get off a few pics (will add later), and everyone went on the excursion into the marsh. It would seem that the rest of the families waiting outside the lab and such were noisy (what else with so many young kids) so Ms Cindy will be making the group into a drop-off program for the first hour of classroom/lab. I have known them all so long now I have no probs with that. My only challenge is where to find a convenient cup of coffee. ;)

0 comments: