At least that's what I finally came up with for the title! I certainly have felt stumbly bumbly all/almost all week. Not what I had hoped for, to be sure! It began well enough when The Boy-o (he's just gotten too big for Boo-man anymore...he is 9, after all) went back to school, and the Twirly-whirly (she still is and probably always will be) had some time for cleaning and prepping the School~House,attending our last Friday Fun at Madrona Marsh (perhaps..lol), followed by returning to ViP soccer that Saturday and the new session of violin classes, and then Classical Conversations the Monday after that (she moved up to 2nd grade Sunday School over Labor Day Weekend..an unofficial start, I spose).
However, drama was already creeping onto the scene when the car behaved very awkwardly all the to and from CC...it ended up in the shop for 2 days..and while it shouldn't have thrown the spanner in (it didn't really mess up my planned schedule, even with taking a taxi to her new Wed ballet class and having to catch a lift back with fellow classmates), it still rather did. You know, you feel like you stepped out onto the figurative dance floor with a full card but on the wrong foot and now you can't seem to stay in step even when there's really no solid reason.
So, here's what I learned...1- Don't get a new dog the summer before school when you really need that time to plan not wipe up pee (yup, cus that happened, and then sadly the dog became aggressive and we had to then give him up!)....and 2-Don't plan to start all your wonderful lessons the very first week of school...build up and that way when the usual hurdles pop up that same week (they always do, don't they?), you won't be forced to reprint blank planner pages and rewrite all said plans the next week or so, like I am doing today! Finally, 3- if you do have to do something drastic like that, just do it...make yourself a cuppa and relax...and remember that's one of the best things about homeschooling: flexibility.
and now back to the aforementioned...who knows? Maybe the next blog will be about what we *have* done! Maybe a pic or two as well! LOL!
Thursday, September 13, 2012
The Lessons *I* Learned This Week! (or how 2nd grade didn't get off on the foot I expected to use!)
Posted by aflowerfairymom at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment