skip to main |
skip to sidebar
June 1
I can hardly believe that yet again here we are on the verge of summer and all that it means: Twirly-Whirly is wrapping First Grade while her RT brother (that's Resident Teenager btw) is on the cusp of graduation from high school! I know that before I can fully realize it *she* will be the one graduating!
I am so glad we can only really take it one day at a time...with apologies to the Doctor should he stumble across this entry, I am happy with that. My brain is full enough without adding differing/parallel etc time streams to the mix.
This past week saw us halfway through letter W..we did the Alphabet Path/Flower Fairy story and we were due to do Beatrix Potter W (Tale of Pig Robinson) but she found some story/dictation paper and was off writing her own lesson today, a crossover story of Wind in the Willows and Peter Pan.
She has been practicing her violin all week as we anticipate her very first concert tomorrow night. She has a second one on July 4th. She has also been rehearsing for two choir shows as well...one on the 10th of this month and the other on July 1.
At least we'll have a break from ballet this summer tho that is 'replaced' by swim lessons almost every weekday of July! Speaking of ballet tho, we were yet again treated to another superb performance by the South Bay Ballet (via Friendship Circle as well as the SBB Outreach Program). This year it was Cinderella and TW opted to make it a Girls Night Out so we invited her HearthKeepers friend and her mom to join us. Her friend also dances ballet so it was really fun for the girls. Her friend even saw one of *her* former dance classmates in the show!
After the show there were chances for the children to take pictures with the dancers. This one is my fave:
It took her a while to work up the nerve to approach both Cinderella and The Prince, but doesn't she look like she ought to be their daughter? I am not the only one who liked it as a professional photographer there asked if he could take one of the three of them too. Who knows? Maybe she'll be in a newspaper article? I am fairly certain that one day it will be her turn to pose with aspiring little girls! ;)
That's it for this entry. I will be glad to get the last 2 weeks of June free(ish) to work up the beginnings of 2nd grade, which will be knocking at my door soon enough!
0 comments:
Post a Comment