As this year ends (we're almost there), I am trying not to be anxious over what's left to finish in this last week, but rather what I hope for in the forthcoming year....I am trying to let go of the Stinkin' Thinkin' as we learned about the year before this one in GEMS and cling to the Whatevers instead (Philippians 4:8)...this is not easily done...as I type I am feeling incredibly stressed OUT....but as I read this morning in one of the devotional emails I get....I can thoroughly honor my feelings without having to act them out......
So, as I look forward to a summer of intentional festina lente (making haste slowly), I will take the advice of the middle schooler who wrote this for the newsletter of the school where my special needs son will attend come Autumn. Cus I need to practice this....lol...my son already does just as part of his sweet nature! Here you are, enjoy:
Now .... 10 guideposts for wholehearted living .. what to cultivate and what to let go of ...
1. Cultivating authenticity: letting go of what people think
2. Cultivating Self-compassion: Letting go of perfection
3. Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting go of Numbing and Powerlessness.
4. Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting go of Scarcity and Fear of the Dark.
5. Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith; Letting go of the Need for certainty.
6. Cultivating Creativity; Letting go of comparison
7. Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting go of exhaustion as a status symbol and productivity as a self worth
8. Cultivating Calm and Stillness: Letting go of Anxiety as a lifestyle
9. Cultivating Meaningful work: Letting go of self-doubt and "supposed to"
10.Cultivating Laughter, Song and Dance: Letting go of being cool and always in control.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
What's Growing in the Garden?
Posted by aflowerfairymom at 10:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment