THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 3, 2014

I love it when a plan comes together....

especially when it wasn't the plan you had to start with!! 

When I began this past year of schooling, I had no clue I would be doing a major shuffle cus I would end up in a co-op with a friend! But while it made everything very loopy, it also straightened out some hiccups I had been having with the lessons and timings and such. The one day a week (Wed) co-op was so successful (covering Latin, History/Geography, Greek, and Drawing), we added a Friday component with other material (Classical Writing's Primers, Classical Conversations PreScripts, Memoria Press's Prima Latina and Greek Alphabet books too), and that was so much fun for both kids and moms (and dads who wanted to see paperwork) that we even made a small Monday one as well (the kids learn poetry for recitations via some fun activities while drilling plus beginning French and come summer tinwhistle too)....(this will run thru the summer, as we will all be spending Monday afternoons this next year in the Essentials portion of our CC group.)

and now with another family that has joined us for the Wed co-op day, Twirly and I will be renewing friendship with that family plus another one we used to hang with on Friday afternoons by doing a Tuesday co-op in which we have our Chinese lessons again! (storytime plus easy character drawings using Chineasy).

So sometimes it doesn't take an entire village (like CC feels, hee), but it takes a co-op!

{and sometimes it may take a charter as well...I never thought I would go that route cus I am such a rebel and rogue and like to call my own shots....but I have heard great things about SkyMountain being very very accommodating to parents' desires for how and what they school (they support Waldorf fams and unschoolers too) and the budget would be breathing easier if we got charter money to cover ballet lessons for instance. So I am looking into this aspect.....will keep you all posted!}

0 comments: