skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ready or Not...here I blog!
If I don't do it now, I fear I will end up even more behind. Note to
self: next school year I will have to make a specific day for journaling
etc!
Here's some of what has gone on since last entry:
The Peter Rabbit Garden is underway nicely. There are already some
shoots coming up! The Fairy Garden strawberry plant continues to produce
berries too even tho it is almost 4 years old! No more rabbits lately,
but we have got raccoons under the house! I can hear them scratching
under the bathtub! Twirly finds it rather disconcerting, but then she
saw one in the yard and is not so worried now. I saw one staring in at
us from the back sliding glass door the other night as well! It was as
big as our large cat, Bonnie, who seemed none too keen to chase it off!
We had made plans to catch them and release them into Madrona Marsh
until today when Ms Cindy told us they eat the baby ducklings! Now not
sure what to do.
We were at the marsh today. It's supposed to rain tonight, but that
didn't stop the weather from getting harsh at the marsh...Humid!!! and I
am sure I got a sunburn. We learned about frogs and wolf spiders in the
classroom and even got to see a tadpole and a baby spider who fell off
its mother's back. Wolf Spiders carry their babes on top. They are the
only spiders who care for their young! Out in the marsh, there were duck
young to be seen as well as frogs and more spiders and diving beetles
etc. We even witnessed an altercation of sorts when a mom duck wandered
into another's territory. The male nipped her butt and came back with
some feathers in his mouth. The intruder's male was not around at the
time to defend her so she and her babes waddled of asap.
We went to the Circus Gatti at the Shrine Auditorium two weeks ago (I am
behind on uploading pics). We had a great time! All the performing was
done on a stage instead of in a ring like Circus Vargas, but we could
see really well and they even had elephants! The kids had a fun time in
the midway too...ate a lot of cotton candy and popcorn. Twirly did
almost every ride they had. The Boo-man settled for trampolines and a
mini-Ferris wheel. It was all courtesy of The Friendship Circle. At
least admission was! It was still a pretty penny but worth it IMO.
We have Awana tonight. Twirly has already completed her book. :) Boo
will finish tonight. That's one big thing off the list! We can just
cruise to the end of next month!
Twirly is very busy these days. She is not only in the God Kids Choir
with all its commitments, but she is signed up for a Violin Concert at a
local auditorium via Palos Verdes Strings. This will be her first
concert! :)) Added incentive: Talking Princess Celestia! lol...upon
completion of course.
I wanted to write more. but there are still uploads of photos and videos
to attend to and time is closing to be ready for Awana too. Cross your
fingers I'll get more done soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment