Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Mood: lol....not certain!
Sometimes you win;sometimes you lose, but it's okay...
or so Yo Gabba Gabba tells me!
I'm glad cus it's certainly been two steps forward, one step back for a couple of months now. Every time we get close to what I had hoped for this school year, we get bounced off sideways some, be it ant attacks, rough mornings, etc etc. One thing I definitely plan to do is look at more streamlining for the next trimester, now that library storytime is done till January I will have some time to ponder better, more effective uses of time in our day/week/what-have-you! We are not off-track...that's one beauty of being Waldorf-inspired: it's rhythm to the day not schedule so when school ended up done in the afternoon instead of the morning we still got the important things done. But i still want things better managed so we don't get shoved out of the morning time. When am becomes pm, the pm fun/chores go out the window! I had plans for more cooking and what-not and they have not materialized. The house is also not quite together as I prefer either. Another item on my to-do list is a clear-out of unnecessaries....since Christmas is approaching, this will be a good time to do it, if only under the "making room for new bigger kid things" label. ;) It can be tricky with such a wide range between she and her brother with special needs.
Still...it's been more forward than anything else so I am so grateful for that. Today we went on a nature walk around the block (which just so happens to be a 1/2 mile so we do one trip almost every day as part of the Marathon Kids program), and she stopped me to point out a letter she found...that is to say, a letter shape made by nature. We had read Discovering Nature's Alphabet last year, and now she is noticing letters in nature herself. Her penmanship is improving daily and the only copywork she does is of her own choosing when she decides to make a book or write a letter to a friend (or idol like Keith Harkin of Celtic Thunder!) It almost makes me sad cus she is growing up so fast. One day she'll stop pronouncing it "dirl" and that'll break my heart.
Mood: lol....not certain!
Sometimes you win;sometimes you lose, but it's okay...
or so Yo Gabba Gabba tells me!
I'm glad cus it's certainly been two steps forward, one step back for a couple of months now. Every time we get close to what I had hoped for this school year, we get bounced off sideways some, be it ant attacks, rough mornings, etc etc. One thing I definitely plan to do is look at more streamlining for the next trimester, now that library storytime is done till January I will have some time to ponder better, more effective uses of time in our day/week/what-have-you! We are not off-track...that's one beauty of being Waldorf-inspired: it's rhythm to the day not schedule so when school ended up done in the afternoon instead of the morning we still got the important things done. But i still want things better managed so we don't get shoved out of the morning time. When am becomes pm, the pm fun/chores go out the window! I had plans for more cooking and what-not and they have not materialized. The house is also not quite together as I prefer either. Another item on my to-do list is a clear-out of unnecessaries....since Christmas is approaching, this will be a good time to do it, if only under the "making room for new bigger kid things" label. ;) It can be tricky with such a wide range between she and her brother with special needs.
Still...it's been more forward than anything else so I am so grateful for that. Today we went on a nature walk around the block (which just so happens to be a 1/2 mile so we do one trip almost every day as part of the Marathon Kids program), and she stopped me to point out a letter she found...that is to say, a letter shape made by nature. We had read Discovering Nature's Alphabet last year, and now she is noticing letters in nature herself. Her penmanship is improving daily and the only copywork she does is of her own choosing when she decides to make a book or write a letter to a friend (or idol like Keith Harkin of Celtic Thunder!) It almost makes me sad cus she is growing up so fast. One day she'll stop pronouncing it "dirl" and that'll break my heart.
*i* think i'll close here... ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment